Scholarship winners for 2022 will be posted in June!
2022 Guidelines and Application (Closed)
PFLAG Niceville is a non-profit charitable organization whose mission statement is to promote the health and well-being of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, asexual, and agender (LGBTQIA+) persons and their families/friends through support, education, and advocacy.
PFLAG Niceville invites all students who have demonstrated outstanding support for the LGBTQIA+ community at their school or in the community at large, to apply for a scholarship funded through Niceville Pride. PFLAG Niceville will award 4 scholarships in the amount of $1000 to qualified students from the Northwest Florida area.
The PFLAG Niceville Scholarship application will open on February 1, 2022 and close on April 1, 2022. A panel of diverse judges representative of the LGBTQIA+ will announce the 4 scholarship recipients on April 15, 2022.
Payment of the scholarship award will be after receipt of satisfactory college/school enrollment and will be made to the school in the student’s name. The deadline for scholarship winners to submit proof of enrollment is October 1, 2022.
The purpose of the PFLAG Niceville scholarship is:
• To recognize outstanding persons from our communities for their involvement in the LGBTQIA+ community.
• To encourage post-secondary education of LGBTQIA+ persons.
• To promote a positive image of LGBTQIA+ persons in society.
Eligible scholarship recipients must meet the following requirements:
• Have applied to or are presently enrolled in an accredited institution of higher education, including vocational and technical schools.
• Openly identify as a member of the LGBTQIA+ community (all scholarship recipients will be featured on our website and social media platforms).
• Demonstrate an interest in service to the LGBTQIA+ community.
• Have a minimum GPA of 2.5.
• Be a resident of Northwest Florida (Escambia, Okaloosa, Santa Rosa, and Walton Counties).
Applicants will be asked to provide the following documents:
• Completed PFLAG Niceville 2022 Scholarship Application - Download here!
• Unofficial copy of their most recent school transcripts showing a minimum GPA of 2.5. • An essay on the topic “How Higher Education Will Empower Me to Serve LGBTQIA+ Persons” between 500 and 1000 words.
• If available, provide an updated resume, list of extracurricular activities, or brag sheet.
Email completed application and other supporting documentation to: firstname.lastname@example.org